The Assassin and the Pirate Lord Review

The Assassin and the Pirate Lord (Throne of Glass, #0.1) - Sarah J. Maas

4/5

This morning I had only one goal in mind, read the five Throne of Glass novellas. The Assassin and the Pirate Lord is the first novella and I was so excited to read it. It features two of my favorite things, meaning assassins and pirates. For as long as I can remember that was where my daydreams would linger, on one of the two options. I would picture myself as an assassin sneaking through shadows to reach my target, or as a pirate captain wielding a cutlass and commanding my motley crew.

So as I started this one my expectations were incredibly high. How can someone have my two fantasies in the same book and it not be good?! Well Sarah J. Maas wrote another great story here and introduced the character Sam Cortland. I’m excited to see their relationship progress as I read the novellas. I only had a single complaint--the typical way they start off hating each other and move towards romance. She’s did the exact same thing with both Chaol and Dorian. I guess that’s just her modus operandi.