Alice's Adventures in Wonderland Illustrated by Salvador Dali Review

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland - Salvador Dalí, Lewis Carroll

2.5/5 stars
*Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.*

“Curiouser and Curiouser!”

With a special edition such as this I’m never sure what I’m supposed to review. This book is the Alice in Wonderland we all know and love by Lewis Carroll. But the “special” part of this edition, the illustrations by Salvador Dali, just didn’t do it for me. I’m not sure why, in art I just like what I like and Dali’s normal surrealist paintings make the cut, but these watercolor illustrations don’t.

So I’m at a loss for where to rate this. I recommend everyone read the story at least once in their life because it is a classic I hold dear to my heart, but I don’t recommend the version I am reviewing. I much prefer the illustrations by Tenniel. So if you actually read my review you’ll see why I gave it such a lower rating than the story garners.

Wow, I actually feel bad about rating it so low. If you like the illustrations in the book this would be a lovely edition to house on your shelves for sure, so don’t let me deter you.

“I don’t think—““Then you shouldn’t talk,”