Q&A with athroneofbooks

So I'm just about the last person to do this now but here I go because it looks like fun!

It was brought to us by Nya Reads :)

1. What is your favorite childhood book?

There are 3 books that I remember perfectly from childhood and hold very dear to my heart. My father read these to me so many times to me growing up I will never forget them.

Toad on the Road - Susan Schade,Jon Buller  The Curse of the Cobweb Queen: An Otto & Uncle Tooth Adventure (Step into Reading, Step 3) - Geoffrey Hayes  Pocketful of Nonsense - James Marshall

2. E-books or printed books?

I have no specific preferrance honestly. I like both, I guess ebooks because I can read in the dark with my ereader. But I'm pro cheap books no matter the format :)

3. What is your favorite place to read?

I am a guilty, lifelong bathtub reader. I love nothing more than baths and reading so I mix them...almost daily. I haven't dropped a book in the tub since I was about 6 *knock on wood* But I really only read 3 places: bathtub, bed, car when I'm a passenger.

4. Is there any genre you would never read?

I don't believe there is. There are many genres I have a harder time getting into but I can't say that I would avoid them. I do have a difficult time getting into some nonfiction and some romance but I'll still read a book in the genres when I think I might enjoy it.

5. What’s your review rating system?

My rating system isn't always exactly this but a simple version would be:

1*-agony, something about this book was just plain difficult for me. Maybe bad writing style, major inconsistencies, etc.

2*-It was readable, I didn't hate it, was most likely unattached to it.

3*-I liked it, I had fun reading it.

4*-I really got into it at times and I had fun with it. It was really good in my opinion.

5*-I loved it, something about it got to me on a major level. Relatable characters, entertaining world, etc.

This isn't set in stone, and the rating is mostly based upon my enjoyment of the story more than if it was perfect.

6. What is your favorite fictional character?

This may be the hardest question I've ever read. Gosh I've been sitting here thinking for what feels like forever...I can't decide, I love too many. Used to would have been Ron Weasley when I was little now it might be Lane Moreau from the Heartland Trilogy (I cannot get over how much I loved those books.) or Celaena Sardothian from Throne of Glass.

7. What was the best film adaption of a book?

I'm hoping the best TV adaptation will be Throne of Glass (I fangirled over that announcement hard.) Hmm best adaptation that comes to mind is Harry Potter Series though admittedly that may be my intense love for Rupert Grint clouding my judgement. If I think harder though I got really into the Giver when I watched it. It was insanely different from what I imagined when I first read it but it was well done despite all the liberties taken. Also Perks of Being a Wallflower was amazingly done. I'm tearing up over it just thinking about it.

8. How do you choose the next book to read?

Mostly it's by mood, I have tons of books waiting to be read so just whichever I can't wait to get to at the moment.

9. Top 3 authors?

Oh no way too many! Lately it's been Sarah J Maas, Chuck Wendig, and JK Rowling. As a kid it was RL Stine, Meg Cabot, and Tony Abbott. And classically it is Edgar Allan Poe, John Steinbeck, and Shakespeare. And that's just the tip of the iceberg!

10. Is there any book release you are particularly looking forward to?

I'm always waiting for some release or another. Right now I want to read Nightfall by Jake Halpern and Blood and Salt! Both come out the 22nd of this month! 4 more days, should I preorder them?