Heir of Fire Review

Heir of Fire - Sarah J. Maas

5/5 stars

"You do not have the right to wish she were not what she is. The only thing you have a right to do is decide whether you are her enemy or her friend.”

I love this series, and obviously many other people do too. This is one of the highest rated books I've ever seen and I fell victim to loving every single word. I waited quite awhile to start reading this one because I wanted to be able to read it close to the same time as Queen of Shadows. And I couldn't have picked a better time because shortly after finishing it I heard about the tv adaptation of Throne of Glass! I will fangirl until the time I get to actually watch it, then if it's good I'll fangirl harder.

I really loved Manon and am excited to see how much more she grows in Queen of Shadows! I actually liked the addition of Manon more than the one of Rowan, don't hurt me please. I loved the growth of Chaol and Dorian in this book as well as the addition of Aedion. I am just in love with the majority of the characters and I NEED to know what happens to them next.

The only issue I had with the book at all was the slowness but it seems to be universally agreed. Overall though the pacing of the book didn't irritate me much. Not every book has to be non-stop action in my opinion, and I don't mind slower storytelling when the story is amazing.

By far my favorite thing I learned is that even assassins sometimes have to go through depression. Sometimes I feel alone and like I'm the only one who feels pitiful and imperfect and seeing Celaena having a hard time made me feel less alone. Thank you Sarah J Maas for that, for making me feel a little better with a beautifully written book.