The Unfortunate Decisions of Dahlia Moss Review

The Unfortunate Decisions of Dahlia Moss - Max Wirestone

*Disclaimer: I received a copy of the book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.*

Let's start off with an important note: This book is definitely not for everyone. I know what you're thinking, literally all books aren't for everyone, someone is going to hate it. But no, to get into this book you will probably have to be a huge video game loving nerd AND enjoy a mystery novel where the detective is just as clueless as you are. If you can do both of those you'll also have to like the quirky writing style of Max Wirestone. Me, personally, I fall into all 3 categories.

So the plan was to have this book read before it was published for an early review and then I kind of fell into this pit of despair where it was too dark to read. But now that I finally got around to it I hate myself for not reading sooner. Dahlia and I think in the same ways, meaning we both go off on weird tangents constantly. To some people this could distract from the story at hand but for me it was so easy to read, it felt like I could have been reading my own journal. Actually it made me want to get back into keeping a journal and writing in general, so thank you for that.

I'm always worried I'll spoil something in my review and people will come after me with pitchforks. To avoid this I'll just end with if you think you meet the criteria above read the book and fall in love with Dahlia Moss. (Though to be honest I'm bursting at the seams to talk about this one with somebody!)